Star Wars: TIE FIGHTER Comic Makes Heroes of The Empire
The Rebellion and their Jedi friends may get all the press, but it's the hero pilots of the Imperial Navy who are finally getting their chance to shine, as the stars of the upcoming Star Wars: Tie Fighter comic book. And we've got your exclusive preview of the first issue.
The times are a-changing in the galaxy far, far away, as every news story from Star Wars Celebration unveils a brand new chapter in the world os TV, movies, comic books, and novels. So it only seems right to dive back into the beloved properties of the past. In this case, a time when fans were willing to see the epic war between the Empire and the Rebel Alliance... from a different point of view. By putting readers into the cockpit with the Empire's greatest pilots, the Tie Fighter series is telling a story that simply couldn't be told anywhere else. But prepare yourselves: our exclusive preview of Star Wars: Tie Fighter #1 proves the Rebels aren't going to know what hit them.
As the Star Wars universe continues to grow into the future beyond the original films, and other Star Wars prequels dig into the past, Tie Fighter is splitting the difference. Set after Return of the Jedi, the five-issue comic series from writer Jody Houser (Star Wars: Age of Republic) will be using "the brutal fallout during the fall of the Empire" as the backdrop for its story. Get to know the stars of Shadow Wing in our preview of Issue #1, and remember to mark your calendars for the release of Alphabet Squadron by Alexander Freed, a novel detailing some of the same events from the Rebel side of things, arriving on June 4th. Take a look at the preview pages embedded below:
Fans will have to wait for the full issue arriving this Wednesday to see how the Imperials kept their mission intact as the Empire crumbled around them, but for now read on for the full synopsis and details below:
- STAR WARS: TIE FIGHTER (2019) #1
- Published: April 17th, 2019
- Writer: Jody Houser
- Art: Rogê Antônio, Michael Dowling
- Cover: Giuseppe Camuncoli & Elia Bonetti
- ENTER SHADOW WING! THE EMPIRE’S SALVATION! THE REBELLION’S DOOM! As the war against the REBELLION stretches on, it is the innocent people of the GALACTIC EMPIRE who are most at risk. An elite squadron of TIE fighter pilots is assembled to help protect Imperial interests and hammer the Emperor’s fury down upon the treasonous and violent Rebel Alliance. But how far is this untested team willing to go to preserve law and order? And are the pilots of SHADOW WING as loyal to the Empire as they seem?
- This April, JODY HOUSER (THRAWN, AGE OF REPUBLIC) and ROGÊ ANTÔNIO’s (X-MEN RED) TIE fighter tale chronicles the struggles and triumphs of the heroes of the Empire in the last days of civil war — but what about the heroes of the Rebellion? Be sure to pick up the first book of TIE FIGHTER’s sister novel series, STAR WARS: ALPHABET SQUAD by Alexander Freed. From Del Rey Books, on sale this June.
Star Wars: Tie Fighter #1 will be available from your local comic book store on April 17th, or direct from Marvel Comics.