Solo: Beckett’s Backstory Will be Explored in a Prequel Comic
How would you fancy learning a thing or two more about Tobias Beckett, the man who taught Star Wars staple Han Solo everything he knows? Marvel Comics will give you just such an opportunity in August, when the company releases Star Wars: Beckett #1, a Solo: A Star Wars Story tie-in comic about the man who was the closest thing Han Solo ever knew to a father.
The one-shot, penned by Gerry Duggan with art by Will Sliney, Edgar Salazar and Marc Laming, will go deeper into why one of the villains of Solo, Enfys Nest, has such a deep hatred for Beckett. Star Wars: Beckett #1 joins several other Star Wars comics releasing in August, including Star Wars #52, Darth Vader #19, Darth Vader #20, Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #23, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Adaptation #5, Star Wars: Lando — Double or Nothing #4, Star Wars: Poe Dameron Annual #2 and Star Wars: Poe Dameron #30.
STAR WARS: BECKETT #1
- GERRY DUGGAN (W) • WILL SLINEY, EDGAR SALAZAR & MARC LAMING (A)
- Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
- VARIANT COVER BY TERRY DODSON
- MOVIE VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
- THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE DEADLY!
- TOBIAS BECKETT taught HAN SOLO everything he knows about surviving hoodlum-filled cantinas and backwater worlds. But who is this career outlaw and why is ENFYS NEST— one of the galaxy’s most dangerous and brutal marauders — so dead set on taking him down once and for all? Find out in this original tale of a man who has gamed star system after star system, but at a cost that no heist can make up for.
- 40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T …$4.99
Beckett is played by Woody Harrelson in Solo opposite Alden Ehrenreich’s portrayal of a young Han Solo. While original Han Solo actor Harrison Ford did not show up to the Solo: A Star Wars Story premiere, the veteran actor did crash one of Ehrenreich’s interviews and heap praise on the actor for his portrayal of the iconic Star Wars scoundrel.
Debuting in theaters on May 25, Solo: A Star Wars Story is directed by Ron Howard and stars Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Woody Harrelson as Tobias Beckett, Emilia Clarke as Qi’ra, Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, Thandie Newton as Val, Phoebe Waller-Bridge as L3-37, Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca and Paul Bettany as Dryden Vos.
Star Wars: Beckett #1 releases in August.
The post Solo: Beckett’s Backstory Will be Explored in a Prequel Comic appeared first on CBR.