PREVIEW: The Merc With a Mouth is For Hire Again in Deadpool #1
The Merc with a Mouth may be slated to headline the next major superhero blockbuster, Deadpool 2, but that isn’t all that’s in store for Wade Wilson, as he’s also poised to another make a huge splash in the world of comics, and you can get an early taste with a preview of Deadpool #1.
“Deadpool is trying to go back to his roots of merc for hire,” incoming writer Skottie Young told Marvel. “Like any new business, things are off to a slow start. Basically, he’s a freelancer, and for the last 17 years, I’ve learned that there’s rarely peace and harmony in freelancing. It’s always a grind to find a balance. Deadpool is going take a ride on that roller coaster in issue #1 and beyond.”
Check out the issue’s solicitation text and CBR’s preview below:
- SKOTTIE YOUNG (W) • NIC KLEIN & SCOTT HEPBURN (A)
- COVER BY NIC KLEIN
- VARIANT COVER BY MIKE DEODATO
- VARIANT COVER BY ROB LIEFELD
- REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY ROB LIEFELD
- B&W REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY ROB LIEFELD
- VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
- VARIANT COVER BY JEROME OPENA
- BLANK VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
- MERCIN’ FOR A LIVING!
- Skottie Young and Nic Klein bring you the craziest tales of the Regeneratin’ Degenerate yet! It’s been a while since Deadpool’s had to merc to make ends meet, but things are tough all over. While Deadpool tries to get his humble mercenary-for-hire business back off the ground, a catastrophic threat so unfathomably huge, so mind-breakingly cataclysmic it defies description, is heading toward Earth, and there’s only ONE PERSON WHO CAN STOP IT!!!
- Oh no, wait…it’s not Wade, is it? Oh, %$@#. It’s Wade.
- IN SHOPS: JUNE 6
- 40 PGS./Parental Advisory …$4.99
The post PREVIEW: The Merc With a Mouth is For Hire Again in Deadpool #1 appeared first on CBR.