How To Watch The Game Of Thrones Season 8 Premiere Live & Online
Wherever you live in the world, watching Game of Thrones season 8 live and online is really easy. HBO's epic fantasy drama will soon be back on our screens - from TVs to smartphones - and you're not going to want to miss a second of it lest you be spoiled.
Game of Thrones is the most pirated TV show ever, with season 7 episodes illegally streamed or downloaded over a billion times in 2017. But, frankly, there's no reason for such means. HBO - and its international partners - have made accessing all of its content, including the current and past seasons of Game of Thrones, incredibly convenient, financially affordable, and morally clear.
Game of Thrones season 8 will premiere on Sunday, April 14 at 9pm EST/6pm PST/2am BST, and whatever timezone you're in, it will be easy to watch live or catch up with the morning after. Here's our guide for how to watch Game of Thrones season 8.
How To Watch Game Of Thrones Season 8 Premiere In The US
If you're in the US, to watch Game of Thrones season 8 just need to have a HBO subscription of some description. While this traditionally would be part of a cable deal, now there are multiple ways to get HBO for Game of Thrones without any traditional TV.
- HBO Go: If you do have a HBO subscription, then you can access easily using that on HBO Go. You can access apps on iPhone (and other devices), Android devices, Apple TV, Amazon Fire devices, Roku, TiVo, Samsung Smart TV, PlayStation 4, Xbox One.
- HBO Now: If you don't have a HBO subscription, you can get online-only access to HBO via HBO Now. You can get a seven-day free trial, and it then costs $14.99 a month (one month will cover you until the Game of Thrones season 8 finale on May 19). It's available on the same devices as HBO Go (above).
- Amazon Prime Video with HBO add-on: You can also add a HBO subscription to your current Amazon Prime subscription. The cost and trial situation is the same as HBO Now - seven-day free trial, then $14.99 a month - but the advantage is you can access Game of Thrones season 8 without making a new account. You can watch online or through the app available on Apple, Google, Amazon or Samsung stores. The base Amazon Prime subscription costs $12.99 a month but has a one-month free trial.
- Hulu with HBO add-on: Hulu also has a HBO subscription as an add-on. The cost is the same - seven-day free trial, then $14.99 a month - on top of the $5.99 subscription. The advantage here is that, in addition to all the HBO Now viewing options, you can access Hulu on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Chromecasts.
How To Watch Game Of Thrones Season 8 Premiere In Canada
The situation for watching Game of Thrones season 8 in Canada is similar to the US, although with more restrictions. HBO Canda is accessed through streaming service Crave.
- Crave with HBO add-on: To access new episodes of Game of Thrones, you must subscribe to the standard $9.99 a month Crave package and then pay for the $9.99 a month HBO add-on.
How To Watch Game Of Thrones Season 8 Premiere In The UK
Sky Atlantic gets exclusive access to all HBO shows in the UK, including Game of Thrones season 8. As in the US, there are multiple ways to access the channel through cable and streaming means.
- Sky Go: If you have a Sky Entertainment subscription (£22 per month for a minimum of 18 months), you can access Game of Thrones season 8 on Sky Atlantic and the Sky Go app.
- NowTV Entertainment Pass: The TV-focused pass for NowTV includes access to Sky Atlantic: you can watch Game of Thrones live or on catch-up immediately after. You can get a seven-day free trial and then it costs £7.99 a month (one month would provide access to all of Game of Thrones season 8). You can access NowTV on over 60 types of devices (although not in Google Chrome, so be sure to have another browser to hand).
Note: if you plan to watch Game of Thrones season 8 live in the UK, even via an online service, you need a valid TV license.