Fantastic Four’s Return Celebrated in Slew of New Variants from Marvel
Marvel’s First Family is coming back in style! In celebration of Marvel Comics relaunching its Fantastic Four title, the publisher has unveiled 20 variant covers it’ll debut throughout August.
It has been three years since the iconic team vanished off the shelves of comic book stores everywhere, but August 2018 promises to be the reunion to end all reunions. Currently, only Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm make up the “original” Fantastic Four, but Marvel Legacy #1 hinted that Sue and Reed could be set for a comeback. Now, the wait is nearly over, with a couple more surprises in tow.
Dan Slott and Sara Pichelli are tasked with bringing the team back together, but a whole host of artists have put pen to paper for the Return of the Fantastic Four variant cover program and these 20 variant covers. A who’s who of talent includes huge names like Rob Liefeld, John Cassaday, and David Marquez, while the full list of covers and artists can be found below:
1. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #3 by STEVE EPTING
2. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #4 by CHRIS SPROUSE (not final art)
3. ASTONISHING X-MEN #14 by ADAM KUBERT
4. AVENGERS #6 by JOHN CASSADAY
5. CAPTAIN AMERICA #2 by TRAVIS CHAREST
6. DEADPOOL #3 by ROB LIEFELD
7. DOCTOR STRANGE #4 by DAVID AJA
8. FANTASTIC FOUR #1 by MARK BROOKS
9. HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: DEAD ENDS #1 by STEVE MCNIVEN
10. IMMORTAL HULK #4 by ARTHUR ADAMS
11. MARVEL 2-IN-ONE #9 by ALAN DAVIS
12. SENTRY #3 by PHIL NOTO
13. THE LIFE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL #2 by HUMBERTO RAMOS
14. THE PUNISHER #1 by SALVADOR LARROCA
15. THOR #4 by BRYAN HITCH
16. TONY STARK: IRON MAN #3 by ADAM HUGHES
17. VENOM #5 by GERARDO ZAFFINO
18. WEAPON H #6 by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
19. X-23 #3 by CARLOS PACHECO
20. X-MEN: RED #7 by DAVID MARQUEZ
Marvel promises a trip through the ages for the team, with the variant covers being a must-have addition to any comic book fan’s collection.
“The Fantastic Four have returned, and what better way to celebrate the homecoming of Sue, Reed, Ben and Johnny than with a collection of variant covers highlighting the different iterations of Marvel’s beloved first family? This August, some of the industry’s most acclaimed creators will bring you the Fantastic Four through the years, highlighting the team during their many different and memorable eras in Marvel Comics!”
Alongside Steve Epting’s Amazing Spider-Man #3’s faithful nod to the Future Foundation and Mark Brooks’ inclusion of Storm and Black Panther, there is everything in between. There is also Gerardo Zaffino’s suitably dark Venom cover and a particularly interesting lineup featured on Arthur Adams’ Immortal Hulk. Elsewhere, spot a retro callback to Herbie the Robot and the classic blue suits, making the covers are a veritable feast for the eyes of Fantastic Four nostalgia ahead of their latest adventure. Either way, there is the good and the bad of FF costumes and teammates to take in.
Marvel’s Return of the Fantastic Four variant covers hit stands in August.
The post Fantastic Four’s Return Celebrated in Slew of New Variants from Marvel appeared first on CBR.