DC’s New Super Sons Series Is Not What You Expected
When DC Comics announced that Super Sons, the fan favorite series written by Peter J. Tomasi, with art by Jorge Jiminez, was canceled, readers were understandably upset. Evidently, though, the DC editorial team heard the pleas of desperate fans, because it wasn’t long before the publisher announced that Super Sons would be coming back once more, in the form of a twelve-issue maxiseries.
This maxiseries, which we now know is titled Adventures of the Super Sons, will begin this August, written by Peter J. Tomasi, with art by Carlo Barberi and Art Thibert. One thing that fans might not have been prepared for, however, is that it won’t be pushing the saga of the Super Sons forward— it will be taking place in the past. That’s right — Adventures of the Super Sons won’t be taking place in the present or the future. In any case, at least we can be sure that Damian and Jonathan will make it out alive after their encounter with the Gang.
Check out the full solicitation text below:
ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #1
- written by PETER J. TOMASI
- art by CARLO BARBERI and ART THIBERT
- cover by DAN MORA
- variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
- The Super Sons are back in an all-new 12-issue miniseries
- written by Peter J. Tomasi! Check out the lost and secret adventures of Damian Wayne (Robin) and Jon Kent (Superboy) in this flashback miniseries that takes a deep dive into the bombastic bromance between the sons of the DC Universe’s greatest heroes. It’s an epic dual storyline that transcends current events, as Superboy and Robin find themselves targets of an interstellar team of young badasses called the Gang.
- ON SALE 08.01.18
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | 1 of 12 | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.
- Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
The post DC’s New Super Sons Series Is Not What You Expected appeared first on CBR.